When going on a night out, most of us have a few looks we rely on. For me it’s without doubt a golden smokey eye and a nude lip, or a bold lip and a cat flick eye! Yet instead of reaching for your usual palette of choice you can update your look instantly by simply changing the hue.
I was sent a few goodies from Baobella lately and received this gorgeous green eyeshadow palette*! Green isn’t really a colour I usually use, I think it can be quite an intimidating shade! Yet darker greens can be a great alternative to the usual browns and blacks.
The kajal pencil* is the purest black perfect for an evening look, it blends ever so easily. It can be used in a variety of ways which I love! I’m usually a liquid line addict yet this has really converted me. I can pop this in my bag and know I’m all set no matter what look I’m after.
I have tried an Yves Rocher Mascara before which you can see here and I love the Volume Vertige* just as much as the previous one I tried. The wand gives amazing lift and gives you volume and length without leaving you with spider lashes.
So here is how I created a green smokey eye ….
– I next applied the darkest green to the outer corner of the eye and took the colour midway under the eye.
– After this I vigorously blended the lighter green towards the bulb of the brow.
– Taking the silver shade I highlighted the inner duct of the eye.
– Then I really focused on blending all the shades together.
– With the kajal crayon I lined both the water line as well as thinly applying a line around the edge of the eye.
– Lastly I pop on a few lashings of the patented Yves Rocher mascara.
To really give your eyes a real glamourous look pop on some lashes! I absolutely love this look and think it would be perfect for a night out or for a event where you want a real glamorous show stopping look. It’s a beautiful way to give a twist to a classic smokey eye! I’m definitely going to be more adventurous with my eye shadows in the future.
What do you think of this look? Would you wear a smokey green eye? Do you wear green eye shadow? Have you tried a Kajal pencil? What Yves Rocher products do you love? Let me know all your thoughts by commenting below.