Here are my top tips for getting the best looking fake tan at home.
- To remove fake tan build up. Mix crushed sea salt, lemon juice with a squirt of toothpaste, into a paste apply to your skin for 15mins then wash off. You will be tan free in no time.
- Wear gloves or a mitt, if you don’t have one use a thick old sock to apply your tan.
- To avoid orange hands rub wet wipes around your wrists and palms after you have tanned. don’t forget between your fingers!
- Always moisturise to avoid dry skin, which when you tan will led to patches.
- I really cant stress enough how important exfoliating is if you want a even tan. Get buffing all the dead skin cells away.
- Dont get dressed until you are 100% dry, otherwise you will get patches. Wear dark and loose clothes when you do get dressed.
- Wax 24 hours before tanning, otherwise youll get dark dots on the skin where tan collects in the follicles. If you shave, shave the day after tanning to avoid dotty legs.
- To avoid smudging the bits that you’ve already done, work from your feet up doing your arms last to stop creasing on the inside elbows.
- Make sure you tan been your toes and round the back of the ankles, don’t forget your ears and under the armpits. as leaving these out will show your tans fake.
- Always make sure the tan goes to the hairline. Apply Vaseline to your eyebrows and hairline to avoid staining.
- Dont Applying make-up to soon over your tan, this also leads to patches.
I hope this helps you get that perfect summer glow! Do you have any tanning tips? How do you ensure you get the perfect fake tan? Let us know below.
Lots of Love,